Serving Clients By Working Hard To Get The Right Results
Aimee S. Lin
- Employment Law
- Federal & State Discrimination Claims
- Harassment, Retaliation & Discrimination
- Employer Agreements
My name is Aimee Lin. I am glad you are here because that means you want to learn more. I have been practicing employment law for 20 years. I have represented clients in employment-related litigation in federal and state court, in arbitration, and before administrative agencies (such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) for my entire career.
Such matters have included:
- All types of federal and state law discrimination claims, including claims based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, and disability (as well as perceived disability).
- Harassment claims.
- Retaliation claims.
- Family Medical Leave Act claims.
- Whistleblower claims.
- Wage and hour claims.
- Department of Labor audits.
- Various tort claims arising from the workplace including defamation, false arrest, malicious prosecution, assault, intentional/negligent infliction of emotional distress, negligence, and negligent hiring and supervision.
- Breach of non-compete claims.
- Misappropriation of employer's confidential/proprietary information claims.
- Breach of promissory note claims, including execution of wage garnishments.
Hand-in-hand with my litigation practice has been my advisory practice, where I have advised and counseled employers on employment issues, including disability accommodation, leaves of absence, employee discipline, internal investigations and compliance with wage and hour laws. I make recommendations with an eye toward mitigating risk while satisfying my clients' business and operational needs. I also advise with respect to employee handbooks and policies. Finally, I have conducted anti-workplace harassment training to employees of all levels, including non-management, management and principals.
- St John's University, School of Law
- J.D. - 2001
- Haverford College
- B.A. - 1994
- International Christian University
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association of New Jersey (APALA)
- New York State Bar Association
Current Employment Positions